When and how did you start reading manga?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by The Lotus Eater, Dec 8, 2010.

1. The Lotus Eater

The Lotus Eater Scorched Earth
    Former Staff

I started reading manga when I was about 10 years old. I remember that I had gone to the library to pick up some books for my project and while I was waiting to be picked up I noticed some unusual "comic books" that didn't look like any I had ever seen before. I picked one up and instantly I liked it. I continued to go back to that same section for another year to read these unusual "comics". I didn't know what manga was for another two years when I got faster internet. Ah, if you're curious as to what my first manga was... it's Ranma 1/2. That was the first manga I randomly pulled out of the shelf.

Samet Chan likes this.
  2. Absolutezero645

Absolutezero645 Fire Molester

My first manga was Kaichou Wa Maid Sama! I started simply cuz I wanted to know what happens next and this is how I started. It was not too long ago, may be 4~5 months.

3. pangary

pangary Kono X Setsu

My 1st manga should be Negima, kinda curious why the anime seems so screwed up lol...
    It should be around 2-3 years ago. Don't really read much manga though...

4. AuroraWing

AuroraWing User of the Starfish-Power

woah.. i barely remember it... i guess it was soo.... 12 years ago +- some time....
    thanks to my sisters who read them... and what was my first one...
    if i remember correctly then it was Ranma 1/2 or Kenshin

5. arashime

ahh....so nostalgic if i remember about it..
    my first manga was dragon ball-z when i'm about 10 years old?
    and that's how it started... =)

6. Krakatoa

My first manga was .hack, bought a copy of it from barnes and noble, didn't really enjoy it. I first started reading manga when naruto episodes went into filler mode (6 years ago?) and i decided i'd just read the manga of it and so began my spiral down the manga hole.

7. Duchess

I can't remember what my first ever manga was. Goes way back high school. One of my friends brought hers and I borrowed it. But the first manga I bought for myself is CLAMP School Detectives. Well that was back when I was still into shoujo series.

8. NorwegianGirl

I don't remember my first manga because when I started reading I got hooked and couldn't stop reading xD
    But I remember my first anime was vampire knight ^_^

9. NorwegianGirl

ah!! I remember after a lot of thinking.. first I watched the Shugo Chara anime, and the I just had to read the manga since they screwed up the anime in the end.. xD

and then I got interested in manga ^_^

10. kyrararen

kyrararen Former Staff
    Former Staff

hmm... I started reading manga I think when I was 7 something. it just happened that my old cousins brought some manga with him and I bumped into one.
    at that time, my desire to read was very high. it had become my urge to begin with. I read almost everything
    and when I bumped into manga, I cant stop reading it. until now.
    the first manga if I am not mistaken is dragon ball or doraemon. I cant really recall it.

data-ad-format="auto">