Do you listen to music while reading manga?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by The Lotus Eater, Dec 8, 2010.

1. The Lotus Eater

The Lotus Eater Scorched Earth
    Former Staff

I know some people have a problem where they can't listen to music and read manga at the same time even though they can listen to music and do other things. Supposedly it distracts them from concentrating on the manga. Do you have this problem? I don't at all. Actually the music I listen to usually makes the reading much better. I happen to read a lot of action and supernatural manga and hence my music (mostly rock and metal) goes along perfectly with the manga and I just get even more pumped while reading. It doesn't bother my concentration whatsoever... that might be because I can fall asleep while my speakers are blasting heavy metal but that's another story.

2. Arcsodeus

Arcsodeus The Enigmatic Strategist
    Hentai Fan

sometimes i listen to music while reading manga or other reading material..... but if i need to read something seriously... i dun listen to any music....

3. pangary

pangary Kono X Setsu

Same here... It makes me wanna to continue reading more

4. Absolutezero645

Absolutezero645 Fire Molester

Whether I listen to music or not while reading manga don't make any difference at all for me.

Samet Chan likes this.
  5. Yuki Hana

Yuki Hana Anime Mod
    Former Staff

Yes I did ^^ I haven't read any manga lately, but when I did, I'd have music playing in the backround ^^ If it got too distracting, I'd turn it off, but it was fine for the most part.

Samet Chan likes this.
  6. Franken Stein

Franken Stein Watching Time Fly
    Former Staff

Yup i diffidently listen to music while reading manga, heh almost everything actually, except when watching something, that gets distracting :tongue:

Samet Chan likes this.
  7. Krakatoa

I dont like listening to music while reading manga. I like to concentrate on the music too much and i forget about the manga and vise versa.

8. Flow

Flow AT's Mistress

i usually listen to music whenever there's some form of silence.
    especially while reading anything. although, i sometimes enjoy the silence. ;D

9. Nanda_chan

Doesn't make much of a difference for me either.

10. kyrararen

kyrararen Former Staff
    Former Staff

well, I dont know whether this could be counted into. or to which this would counted in.
    I do play the music regardless what I doing at the same time. but the thing is, when I read manga, or well, almost anything interests me, even I made the volume to the fullest, I usually cant hear them until I have finished what I was reading.

data-ad-format="auto">