Anime Series You Recently Finished Watching

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Darkchao45, Jun 8, 2011.

1. KnIghT

KnIghT Sleepy Head

Since Gundam, almost all mecha seems very similar. I love mecha a lot, but it still creeped me when it repeated the same thing i saw in another mecha, but a few exceptions. Knights and Magic was totally unique and i loved watching it. I wish there will be a season two. even the ending was pretty awesome, like those old tv shows where the villain escapes proclaiming "i will be back or revenge will be mine" xD

Cholly and Samet Chan like this.
  2. Samet Chan

Samet Chan Altair-imperial
    AXF Donor

Recently Finished,
    Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda
    Asu no Yoichi!
    Both are fantasy and excellent story!

Cholly likes this.
  3. Cholly

Either those have alternate titles that I know them by or or I have something new to watch.

Samet Chan likes this.
  4. Cholly

Something new to watch. Not sure how I overlooked Asu no Yoichi! for so long though, it sounds like it's dead in my strike zone... Now the dilemma. Do I watch it first, or save it for last?

Samet Chan likes this.
  5. Samet Chan

AXF Donor

Yes, you can watch. It's good. But there is no season 2nd.

6. Celery Stalk

Recently Finished: Trigun, Gungrave, Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG and Yukikaze.

Samet Chan likes this.
  7. KnIghT

KnIghT Sleepy Head

Just Finished watching
    Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) 2 - Kinda dull compared to season 1, but its hilarious.
    Aho Girl - Well, its not as funny, but its enjoyable because of the Slice of Life touch.
    Akiba's Trip The Animation - This was a fun trip. lots of excitement and events along the way. But best to see when u are bored.

Sentou Yousei Yukikaze OwO
    I loved it, But it was pretty creepy with the sci-fi stuffs and Aliens >.<

Samet Chan likes this.
  8. Gadolf the Absolute

Forum Moderator

I finished Highschool DxD Hero some time ago and apparently forgot to mention it. It was perfectly fine. This is a popcorn series about sigils and titties in which Odin,the God of war and hunting,goes to a strip club and "makes it rain." This is more of that with some power level shenanigans by way of Issei finding a new way to become OP. Still the best ecchi action series for my money and I like the dubbing,it's fun.

More importantly,I finally managed to force myself to sit through all of Sailor Moon Crystal. It's kinda bad. Like,clearly bad. It was farmed out to the lowest bidder and it shows,especially in the art. The dub is fine,aside from Chibiusa's voice just being the worst kind of squeaky adult,but the art style and shot composition is trash. The characters look like an American middleschooler read one of those general purpose "How to draw anime" tutorials online and just kept tracing the sample illustration for every character. The heads,especially on the Sailor Guardians themselves,are fukken freakish in shape,to say nothing of the alien faces. Naoko Takeuchi also took this opportunity to slip a thing or two that were rejected from the manga into this remake series. They were rejected for good reason.

I'm something of a hopping fanboy when it comes to Sailor Moon,have been since I started watching it back when I was a wee tot,and it is through the lens of all that love and nostalgia that I still think this is just plain bad. It's difficult to recommend the original series to casual viewers considering it's 200 episode length,but this is honestly the worst official version of the franchise. If you really want the authentic experience,watch the original series. Barring that,the manga is your next best option and it was re-released not too long ago so it's not hard to find. I bought used volumes for as little as $2 to help finish my collection. Hell,even the live action Sailor Moon is more entertaining. It has so much more charm and introduces unique elements better than anything Crystal does. It only covers season one,so it's nowhere near a comprehensive romp through the total narrative,but it's a fun and campy twist on an old classic.

Samet Chan likes this.
  9. Samet Chan

AXF Donor

Recently Finished: Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
    Damn. That is really amazing and the end of an episode is started me cried and beautiful story!

10. KnIghT

KnIghT Sleepy Head

Just Finished Watching
    Net-juu no Susume - Loved it. Its so funny and romantic <3
    Akuma no Riddle - Not bad, the cast is pretty and serious. And the action is not much, but its enjoyable. The ending however, is of low impact for an Anime that kept an air of mystery.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 3)

1. Gadolf the Absolute
  2. Cholly
  3. Celery Stalk
data-ad-format="auto">